Saturday, February 7, 2009
Here we are into February, the month of love...over the January blues and looking forward to spring. February has always been a fun month for me because of Valentines day. My kids grew up with heart shaped waffles, heart shaped pizza,heart shaped sandwiches, and hearts on many of their socks and underwear. You can never go wrong giving a present to someone that has something to do with hearts! The heart symbolizes to me love, tenderness,security, truth, comfort,family, fun, and forever... The heart loves easily, endures heartaches,can be broken,mended, or worn on a sleeve...the heart can yearn, pound, flutter and hold wonderful memories we will forever cherish. Growing up, if someone said to me or I said to someone that I meant that "from the heart" then it was a solemn promise, or the truth, or a heartfelt thought that should never be doubted...this still holds true in my life now. I often say to Aidan and Asher "hearts to you, hearts to you boom boom boom boom boom" that means that their Meme loves them more than life itself...and my heart aches to hold them close. I am such a sap I know...
So I will leave you with this...Show those you love this month just how much they mean to you. Tell them your heartfelt thoughts, wear your heart on you sleeve, let your heart flutter with loving thoughts, let your heart ache to hold close those you love, and reminisce those cherished memories of those who brought you so much joy...Love the one you're with and remember that love makes this world go round!!!! God gave you Love, so give love back...Love to Him and Love to Mom.....because after God, comes Mom (and Meme).
More blogs to you soon and happy hearts to you!!! I meant that from my heart...xoxooxoxoxo
Monday, February 2, 2009
Here are the top 10 things I love about her:
10. She appreciates it when I buy her mascara - Jake and Kaleb don't get very excited when I buy it for them.
9. She lives where it is warm and fun to visit. Visiting Jake and Kaleb in their rooms is just oh so predictable.
8. She can read magazines with me for hours.
7. She likes to eat sushi, salad, and mushrooms
6. She is feisty and stubborn and makes people say she is just like her mother. What a compliment!
5. Her favorite number is also 5.
4. She gave me really cute grandkids with fantastic red hair.
3. She likes to get pedicures with me. (Kaleb is just getting sick of getting them, he prefers manis.)
2. She smells better than the other two.
1. She knows that boys drool and girls rule!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Jake and Aidan playing Kaleb's crane game, the most popular game that was played. Each male said they were the best, but really Mom rules. Please note the fashion statement Jake has with his glow stick headband, and Aidan's glow stick belt...Look for this to be the new fashion statement of 2009...
Monday, December 29, 2008
Here is Tom making googly eyes with our grandaughter Asher.
Zena was worn out after a wild night of present opening when the kids arrived.
We enjoyed our steak dinner for 9.